Wednesday 11 January 2012

Coffee (First Written 30 November 2011)

The woman sipped the hot drink and purred like a cat. "What would I do without you?" She whispered gratefully.

"Molly!" The man barked as he thundered down the stairs, his shirt untucked and shoes untied. "Why didn't you wake me?"

She rolled her eyes. "I forgot."

His face was bright red as he stood in the doorway of the kitchen. "I have a meeting in ten minutes. What am I going to tell my boss?"

"You can tell him your wife is not your alarm clock." She sauntered to the counter and flicked on the kettle.

"No! Don't you make another one. You drink too much of that sludge -"

His sentence was cut short by an object hitting his face. He looked down and saw his box of Earl Greys at his feet. He looked up at her and saw tears in her eyes. "My coffee is smooth, rich and without it I am nothing." He stared at her in shock. "If you don't approve of our relationship, then I don't want you in my life anymore." Unable to react to this outburst, he simply turned around and walked out of the house in silence, his shirt still untucked and his shoes still untied.

She kicked the box of teabags out of the room and opened the cupboard to her left. On the second shelf, stood on a jam jar, above every other item like a winner stood on a podium, was a giant jar of Nescafe Gold.

Her eyes lit up at the sight of it and she picked it up tenderly with both hands and kissed it. "Don't worry, he's gone now. It's just you and me."

No comments:

Post a Comment