Thursday 12 January 2012

The Wart (First Written 12 January 2012)

I can see it when I look down my nose. It's getting bigger. It's trying to take over. My sparkling piercing, the piercing I longed to have for years, is disappearing from view. My wart has a voice now. It tells me it won't leave. Bulbous and ugly, it waddles as I walk. It sniggers as I stare in the mirror. Where did it start to go wrong? I thought I'd have this piercing forever. I'd been looking at rings. And then this happened. This wart came and ruined everything. I went to the doctors today. They gave me some cream and a threat to the wart: freezing. That's stopped its sneers.yes, wart, you can be stopped. And, with the wart, my piercing must leave me. I'll give it a good burial. I'll put it in a box, hidden safely away, and I'll remember what it looked like before the wart ruined everything. And it'll sparkle in its box, just like it always sparkled in my nose. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment